Saturday 17 December 2016

Skincare & Shopping: Sunderland Bridges

So for all of those who have been super organised and have completed your Christmas shopping, well done you. To those of you like myself, who think they're organised and will be calm and under control and still panicking the week before the big day, then this one is for you. 
 
Sunderland Bridges Shopping Centre invited me to experience a little of what their shops had to offer. And as a gal who likes to shop... how could I refuse?! First on my list was Boots, where they firstly explained their new service of custom printed ribbon and laser etching service. This is a lovely little personal touch for anyone really but if you've left it last minute, then this is so convenient! Even for birthdays, anniversaries, new babies, etc.
 



 
 
Lets all take a minute to appreciate my etched make up brush...
 

 
 

 
 
Boots also stock a wide range of contour & strobe creams and eye shadows from £3 each. And even better, you can buy an empty palette and custom select the colours you'd like in there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was then colour matched with the No7 colour matching service. Almost like a Dulux colour reader, the device reads your skin tone. Once you have been matched to your foundation, the colour card of your shade offers a range of blushes, lip and eye shades that would also suit your skin tone. This really would be a lovely experience for anyone who is a little afraid of experimenting and unsure what colours to buy for their make up bag.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Moving on to The Body Shop. Every Christmas I normally pop in here & buy a few gift sets as they have some lovely scents. But to be honest, it's been a while since I've really explored their product range. And jeez, it's expanded a lot! The product I really fell in love with was their body scrubs. Available in a range of sultry and alluring scents - a little pricey but the tubs look like they'd last months.. This would make the perfect gift for any bath lover!
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
That's not all, they have boxed candles in invigorating scents which remind me of islands and summer air with woody undertones. I'm a sucker for candles so these stood out to me.
 

 
 
As well as the other newbies to the store, their ranges of face oils for different skin types is extensive. All colour coded from green to yellow, white to green. Love the packaging on these mini skin collections.


 
 

 
 
Moving on to Lush after trying everything (pretty much - no regrets) in The Body Shop. My love for Lush is constantly growing. I was never much of a fan of their products but the more I try, the more I love. And as if I wasn't already a converted fan, they then let us make our own bear shaped, bath bomb. Let me repeat that. I MADE MY OWN BATH BOMB. I was far too excited for this and who doesn't love bath products in the shape of a bear. I mean, seriously!
 
 
 
 
These have always had my attention, even though I was big on the bombs themselves I remember seeing these as a teenager and loving. Lip scrubs!! The Sugar Plum Fairy is sooo good and edible too for truly lickable lips. If you're shopping for teens or your girlfriends these are great to keep your lips polished in this winter weather.
 




 
 
Phew, last stop on the list! I rushed to Clarins just before closing to check out what they could offer over this crazy festive time.


 
 
 In the midst of Christmas parties and busy festivities combined with Christmas shopping and working overtime, who doesn't need a helping hand to revamp your skin? My mine was blown by this little skin boosting range. The serums target dull skin, dehydrated & tired skin and also help bring your radiant glow back. Got a friend who loves to party? Or a workaholic? This lovely little Detox, Repair & Energy range is really the perfect little remedy for your handbag to carry you through to January!


 
 
Feels so lovely on the skin...
 
 
 
 

 
 
If you're splurging on yourself with your Christmas bonus, or still looking for gifts, head to Sunderland Bridges Shopping Centre for your retail fix.
 
Until next time...
 
 
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment