Sunday 11 December 2016

Cocktail flavoured popcorn?!

Don't you just love food?! I mean, I love it all times of the year but everyone loves to indulge at Christmas time. So when Tyrells approached me with their new products I was intrigued to try.
 
For anyone who hasn't heard of Tyrell's, they are a proud British company which hail from Hertfordshire. The brand stared with their own potatoes grown on their farm with the skins left on (real crisps as we call them up north), cut to perfection in small batches and fried in a number of different unique flavours. So before I yabber on too much, I'll let you know what they sent me since I know you're itching to find out. The first product was the Three Bird Roast crisps. These are a new launch and for December of year, perfectly timed... wouldn't ya say?
 
 
 
 
So I opened the family size bag (I promise I didn't eat them all myself) and got to crunching. The Three Bird Roast is a Christmas flavour feast of chicken, duck and the classic turkey. On first taste, the chicken flavour is very evident but once you're chewing the other flavours do shine through with hints of stuffing. The second thing I noticed is the quality of the crisps.... they really have a good crunch and are thicker than normal crisps. A decent quality crunchy crisp is what we all strive for in life, right? I love that the skins are also left on them too - something British about not wasting parts of the vegetables we eat.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As well as tasting good, they also smell delicious. I just love opening a bag of crisps and smelling the flavour before I taste it, and the bag is big enough to go around so no worrying that you will have to share sparingly.
 
 
 
 
 
Next to try was the new Tyrells Poshcorn. Now, I am aware there is a lot of gourmet popcorn now on the market but I am yet to try any of it! So this was a new experience for me. This Poshcorn is Bellini flavour. So as you know, the winter season was invented for merry times! So needless to say I was excited (and a little apprehensive) to try this...
 
 
 
 
I got to munching and these morsels are so light and fluffy and the flavour is a very unique one. But seriously, the more I ate the more I was digging in the packet for more. These are so moreish and addictive! The tangy peach fizz flavour is light and refreshing but totally confuses how you are chewing popcorn and not drinking a bellini out of a beautiful gold rimmed glass. These are the perfect snack to indulge in as the flavour is just right as the fizzy champagne flavour fizzes on your taste buds. Still baffled how they have managed to replicate the flavour so well! Can we all take a minute to appreciate the gold packet - If this doesn't get you feeling Christmassy, there's no hope.
 

 
 
 
 
 
If you're stuck for something a little different for your very own Christmas gathering, weather you're in typical company or looking to impress your neighbours or boss... Give Tyrell's a try!
 
Until next time...
 
 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment