Sunday 20 November 2016

Best Burger I've ever tasted: The Grind at No 28

A few weeks back I was invited along to No 28 to showcase the launch of The Grind taking over their kitchen. If you haven't heard of No 28, you can read more about it here. I had heard of these guys from a few different food festivals over the year but I was yet to taste their food.
 
 
 
 
The chef served up our burgers and spoke a little about The Grind and the ideas behind the food. 1 thing I did notice just from his brief talk through, was the level of passion this company holds. I think this is really reflected in their food. So after explaining I was about to dig into their West Coast Classic & Beef Tallow Fries, it was nice to be left with the feeling that the people preparing your food actually care and have thought about it in detail.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Admittedly I'm not a huge meat eater and I probably wouldn't pick a cheeseburger off a menu but this beauty really is something else. A hand rolled double patte topped with a secret sauce, relish and crunchy lettuce. And cheese. Don't forget the cheese. Oh my word. The cheese is like the best part. Envelop this all in a bun and I think it's safe to say this is one of the best cheeseburgers I've had to date. With a bite, your mouth is tasting the beef, secret sauce, signature relish with the texture of the lettuce and melted cheese - it's a magical coming together of quote simple flavours but done very well.


 
 

 
 
I also hadn't yet tried fries cooked in beef dripping - oh, what a sheltered life I lead. The dripping seems to give the fries a crispy finish which normal frying doesn't give. The fries were moreish, even after the monster burger I had just consumed.
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
Just when I was slipping into a food coma, they dished up these American Style Buffalo Chicken Wings with Stilton Dipping Sauce. Honestly, I don't like meat on the bone but I gave these a try - like it was a chore?! They were cooked perfectly, the chicken was succulent, full of flavour and the dipping sauce - delicious. Not my personal choice, but I see the appeal of these and they do taste amazing. Perfect for sharing but I dare anyone to want to share this food.
 
 
 
 

 
 
If you're looking to try out The Grind, head over to Nelson Street in Newcastle at No 28 and sink your teeth into one of their burgers! They also do vegetarian options. For those who are having a lazy one, you can get your burger fix via Deliveroo!
 
Until next time...
 
 
X
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment