Monday 3 October 2016

The age of the brow

So, being a redhead I get asked from many fellow redheads what product I use on my brows... And what, with all of us being brow obsessed, I thought I'd do a little post on what I use and how I do my brows. Seriously, what did we do before brows became a big thing in beauty again?!

 
 
 
So the product I use more often than not is the Rimmel Brow Pencil in shade Blonde. It is a great colour for my brows and I know other redheads I've recommended it to and have loved it too. The pencil lasts me a good few months and it comes with a brow brush on the lid too. (Super hand for the bad brow days.)


 
 
 
So to get my perfect brow I begin with brushing them to get a nice tidy shape... And I always begin with a sharp pencil to ensure I get a really defined brow. I then mark the outer edge and fill in with quick brush type strokes sticking to the natural shape of my brow. I like my brows to look natural yet defined so the brushstrokes help achieve the natural look. The I work on the inner brow with very soft feathery strokes and build it up in depth and colour until I've achieve the look I want. I work from the inner edge to the middle section gradually until the whole brow is completely filled in. I then finish by concealing the edges to clean it up and especially around the tail of the brow to sharpen up this area.  
 
 
 
 
 
I hope this helps answer the questions people have been asking me about my brows! This may not suit everyone but this is how I choose to do mine after trying many different shapes and powders etc but the pencil really is my go-to product for day to day. If you have any secret brow products or techniques, I'd love to hear them in the comments!
 
 
Rings from Aphrodite Jewels
 
 
Until next time...
 
 
X
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this pencil! My old faithful! I've tried lots of products and always come back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, i have a problem finding a pencil that is light enough!

    Jessica xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete