Tuesday 23 August 2016

Rooftop Partyin' at Summer Storeys

So it's summer, you've done everything on your "to do" list and wanna play out but you've exhausted all the usual venues. Well Summer Storeys really is the place to be this summer.... serious feel good vibes, independent food and drinks vendors, garden games and to top it off the best tunes to get your feet tapping!
 
Not yet heard of it?! Well it only launched last weekend! It's a new independent event based on top of the Barrack Road carpark (right next door to St Jame's Football Park.) On entering it was quiet but me and Zoe arrived just as it had opened... first call was to get a drink. I went for the Summer Storey's Pale Ale (bit naughty but it was light and was nice and chilled.) Zoe went for the Strawberry & Lime Cider.
 
 
 


 
 
Big wooden benches were set up under a really cool canopy which had been decorated with flowers & a disco ball (erm how cool please?!) Felt like I was at the The Secret Garden Party for a moment *ignores the rain and daces anyway*
 
 
 


 
 
Being a huge music lover, I'm hard to please but the dj had this crowd sussed. The music was seriously perfect for my taste with lots of soul remixes and tunes to get you dancing. It's one thing having a cool venue with food and drinks but it's another to get the atmosphere right.
 
 
 
 
First thing to do after ordering beer was to decide what to eat... with vendors like Fat Hippo, The Allotment, Lola Jeans, ChuchosLa Petite Creperie (the list goes on.) As you can see from the list... this event really was created for independent eateries. I was torn but I decided on Manny's Pizza. I visited New York a few year back and ever since I've been in search of a Manhatten Style Pizza place to settle my craving. Manny's really does not disappoint. Simple, authentic toppings cooked to perfection on thinly baked pizza dough!


 
 
These guys had a selection of toppings this night (which made choosing even more difficult) but the pepperoni took me back to those stifling hot days I spent in the big apple! Zoe went for the Parma ham but they also had margarita or vegetable which makes for an equal split of options for meat eaters & vegetarians.


 
 
 Literally cannot get enough of this disco tent... reckon I need one for my next festival trip...
 
 


So after a slice of Manny's washed down with a lovely light pale ale... it would be rude to not try the sweet delights on offer. La Petite Creperie was our option and again, this took me back to my travels. I tried my first ever crepe in the fashion capital. Of course I've had pancakes but there's something just 'right' about eating a crepe made right in front of you in the streets of Paris. Smeared in nutella and cooked to perfection these crepes are crispy folded up into a delicious triangle of goodness.


 


 
Gold rings are from Aphrodite Jewels for all the accessory lovers out there. 




 


 


 
 
Still yet to try the infamous Ouseburn Coffee Martini (but it's on my list for next time. The smell of the freshly ground coffee beans wafted through the air in the glow of the fairy lights.


 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 


 
 
As if crepes isn't enough they have a range of fillings... Zoe went for salted caramel. Nom!  


 
 
 Is it just me or does The Allotment have the cutest little trailer?! Admittedly I'd never heard of these guys but from what I could see they serve up a range of vegetarian dises from sweet potato fries, veggie wraps and halloumi fries! Love this concept, as if you follow me on instagram you'll know I love my clean food and veg!
 
 

 
Due to the rain, everyone was heading for the tent, but in true Geordie style... that did not stop the party. In fact I think it made it part of the fun! And the place only got busier throughout the night.

 
 
 
I have all of the love for this place and cannot support it enough. Plans for August bank holiday? How about a rooftop party with cool food, drinks and sick music. Yep, they're back this weekend in case you missed the launch and want a fix of local food and good vibes. There was a wide range of people here varying in age and style so give this place a try before you say it's not for you.


 



 
Until next time...
 
 
X
 

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a great event!
    xxx
    https://sherryhussain.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!! I hadn't even heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it only launched last weekend. It's on again this weekend Naomi!

      Delete
  3. OMG it looks so nice! :) I love your blog ♥ www.fitfoodhealthy.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Aww thank you! Don't forget to follow my blog and I'm on instagram @theoriginal_redhead Twitter@O_Redhead

      Delete