Sunday 9 August 2015

Cosmopolitans and Dressing Up

So this week was my birthday and I'm always torn for what to do! I have lots of friends from different circles etc and difficult to get everyone together so last year I spread out my celebrations and done something a little different with everyone. Like going for meals at different places, going out for drinks, going somewhere during the day with other friends. This is also a good excuse to drag out celebrations for as long as possible!
 
This year I decided the night of my birthday I just wanted to go low key but still dress up. So I went to Bonbar in Newcastle. On a Thursday it is usually fairly quiet but still a lovely venue and somewhere to spend your evening.
 
This visit was no different!
 
For this evening, I clobbered up with a little powder blue playsuit (from Primark believe it or not.) I love this fit of this. Jewellery is by Kayleigh Falcus & heels are from JustFab.

 


We didn't plan to get food but they it while looking for the menu we seen their sharing boards too which are perfect little snacks while having a cocktail. We all picked a board a board each and then shared between us. I ordered the sweet potato fries with Moroccan Tomato Jam. The other 2 boards were Salami, Parmesan with Olives and Flatbread with a selection of dips.
 
 
 
 
With it being Newcastle Resturant Week & we didn't book a table they did tell us there would be a little wait on the food but the staff were super helpful & the food was not long at all! I don't think we waited very long which I was surprised by! The food was delicious and the perfect little selection of finger food. I loved the olives. The flatbread had a good salty yet scorched taste to it and the sweet potato fries were cooked to perfection. And I expected the tomato jam to be a glorified tomato ketchup but it had a lovely herby taste with a hint of raisins. I paid for my parents to visit here for Mother's Day and they got Sunday lunch which they raved about and I have ate here once before so I was telling my friends how good it was. Needless to say, this did not disappoint.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 I'm in love with the interior & design of this place and think there isn't enough round bars!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prosecco!  
 
 
 
One of my staple cocktails! The classic cosmopolitan!
 
 
 
 

 
 
Well that's my birthday celebrations round 1. I'm sure I'll blog any other of my plans to keep celebrating my birthday so stay tuned! And if you haven't tried out what Bonbar has to offer, got check it out.
 
Until next time.
 
 
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That playsuit is lush! Looks like you had a lovely birthday. :)

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniella! I agree too, the fitting is perfect on me and everyone compliments the colour of it also. I did have a lovely day :)

      Delete