Sunday 22 February 2015

First Look | Oscars 2015

I am a big fan of 'Hollywood Glam' and the whole Red Carpet lo with the gown, and the hired diamonds and the tailored suits. So when it comes to the Oscars its safe to say I cannot wait to see what everyone is wearing, who's going to surprise everyone, who's going to be scandalous and who's going to regret their outfit.
 
Gina Rodriguez
 
First look out the bag is this elegant royal blue gown. Personally I think this colour compliments almost anyone! The cut an silhouette of this dress is timeless and I think it suits her body shape very well!

 
Anna Kendrick 
 
This embellished halter neck salmon Thakoon gown is a beauty. That colour in not easy to pull off but somehow she looks effortless. The embellished neckline allows for minimal jewellery and the shape just flows. Her hairstyle and make up allow the dress to do the talking...   
 
 
Patricia Arquette
 
Arquette manages to pull off this asymmetric monochrome dress. With a gorgeous ruching feature from the bus and a cinched in waist this dress is stunning! The addition of a black clutch seems like the most obvious but sophisticated addition.
 
 
 
America Ferrera
 
America slays the red carpet in the Jenny Packman gown. The colour makes me think of the ocean and mermaids. With a red box clutch and me statement earrings she has won me over! I'm not so keen on the neckline of this but I adore the colour.
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: All images in this post are sourced from harpersbazaar.com
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love the blue dress - the colour is stunning. Not too keen on the neckline of the green dress either but it does look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Samantha! The colour is gorgeous but the neckline doesn't appeal to me. It looks unfinished but that's obviously the look of the sheer fabric x

      Delete
  2. I love the colour and style of America's dress but the chiffon overlay and the slip underneath could have been aligned a bit more. It may be a design feature but not a great one I'd say....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, I completely agree! I think the designer was going for the 'outerwear' look but I'm not a huge fan of that particular neckline x

      Delete
  3. I love Ginas dress, that blue is stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning isn't it Laura?! I love that sapphire colour!

      Delete